Why NAEYC Accreditation?
Children’s Academy of Northlake is proud to boast that we have achieved the esteemed mark of high quality by earning the NAEYC seal of accreditation. Achieving this important and worthwhile goal requires extra dedication and time by everyone at our center, but we all believe the results for you and your child are truly worth it!
Benefits of being in an NAEYC Accredited Program:
- Helps to build a stronger team of teachers, administrators, and families working together to improve quality for children.
- Improved standards for the overall program.
“NAEYC strives to raise the quality of education for all children from birth through age eight. Accreditation systems are major part of NAEYC’s efforts to improve early childhood education; they allow programs to provide the best learning experiences for young children and their educators by meeting national standards of quality.”
Georgia’s programs are evaluated by the NAEYC Academy in Washington, DC, based on the following questions:
- Are the children in the program comfortable, relaxed and happy, and involved in play and other activities?
- Are there sufficient numbers of adults with specialized training in early childhood development and education?
- Do adult expectations vary appropriately for children of differing ages and interests?
- Are all areas of the child’s development stressed equally, with time and attention being devoted to cognitive development, social and emotional development, and physical development?